Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Comparison does not recognize certain files and folders

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
rozsko

Comparison does not recognize certain files and folders

Post by rozsko »

Hi,

I just installed the latest and greatest version to evaluate the tool's sync capabilities, and I have to tell you that I am genuinely amazed.
There is one problem though that I can't seem to figure out.
The task is to sync my photos between a local folder (Win10x64) and a NAS share.
Before I run the profile for real, I executed it as a test run and saw some weird entries in the log, where it finds some folders and pictures (~3000) that exist on the NAS, but not on the local drive.
I checked quite a few examples and interestingly, the 99.9% of the files/folders I checked exist on the left too, but for whatever reason they are not recognized by the compare process.
I initially suspected that accented characters in the path or file name are causing the issue, but then I dropped that as I realized the path on the left always contain accented character due to the root folder contains one (Képek).
Can you guys help me to figure this out?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Béla
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Comparison does not recognize certain files and folders

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Please generate/submit a support zip with debug logs of the profile run to [email protected] for investigation. Full instructions for creating and submitting the support zip are given here:
https://help.2brightsparks.com/support/ ... 3000335603

If your zip is over 20MB, contact us for alternate instructions, advising the actual size.

Do not post (nor links to) Support Zips on this open forum.

Thank you
rozsko

Re: Comparison does not recognize certain files and folders

Post by rozsko »

Thanks for the reply.
I actually took one more and much deeper look, and turned out there were some but very little and barely noticeable differences on the left and right side, so I made some manual correction.
Now I need to make some corrections to the different dates and then I can re-run the sync.