Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Export/import the email configuration of a profile

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
daandi
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Export/import the email configuration of a profile

Post by daandi »

Hello,

I'm wondering if it is possible to partially export a profile.

I would like to export the ‘email log’ configuration of a profile. Since I want all my profiles to send an email report to me but the configuration is quite extensive and more or less the same for all profiles.

So my idea is to check if it is possible to export/import only this part of a profile configuration.

Or are there other ways to generally configure the email settings of syncbackpro?

best regards
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: Export/import the email configuration of a profile

Post by mmullins_98 »

The Email Log settings are shareable so if you export 1 profile that has enabled sharing of Email Log then you only have to modify each profile to share that Email Log setting. Easy peasy.
daandi
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by daandi »

Super thank you. :D
I did not find how to share the email settings, how does it work? I did not find a way to do that?
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Post by mmullins_98 »

You Modify one profile with the desired settings, select Expert, then Log, then Email Log, then at the top select Shared Settings, give it a name to share then answer Yes. Next just Modify each profile in the same way but when you select Shared Settings just select the first one that you named and all the email settings will be copied in.

See:
https://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/ ... ttings.htm
daandi
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by daandi »

@mmullins_98

Thank you. Worked like a charm! :P :thumbright:

A really well hidden feature, I never before spotted the little icon with the shared settings, that only pops up in the left upper corner when it can be used...
This is the little hidden gem....
This is the little hidden gem....
shared-icon-01.jpg (23.61 KiB) Viewed 3294 times