Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Profile aborted (too many files will be deleted) then aborts all other profiles in group

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
firefoxchris

Profile aborted (too many files will be deleted) then aborts all other profiles in group

Post by firefoxchris »

Good evening all,

I have a group with about 30 separate profiles within it. The group is scheduled to run at a specific time each night and it works through them sequentially.

One of the jobs (about half way through the group) mirrors a folder and all files had been deleted in that folder, so I expect it to delete them in the destination (I understand the risks). This profile failed with the error "Warning 100% or more of files about to be deleted", HOWEVER, the remaining 10 or so jobs in the group also aborted - almost like 1 profile aborting casuses the whole group to abort.

Is there a way to stop this happening so that the other profiles continue?

I am using SyncBack V6.5.49.0 - I realise this is old now and happy to upgrade if this issue is fixed / can be worked around in the new version.

Any help appreciated!
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Profile aborted (too many files will be deleted) then aborts all other profiles in group

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

In SyncBack, if a profile in a group is aborted (for whatever reason) then the following profiles in the group will also be aborted (for safety reasons). Sorry, but there is no way to stop the group from aborting (it’s not supported in any version of SyncBack).

About the warning ‘Too many files will be deleted’ in V6, please refer to this forum post:

viewtopic.php?t=10338

Thank you.
impsj

Re: Profile aborted (too many files will be deleted) then aborts all other profiles in group

Post by impsj »

This issue is still present in SyncBack Pro v10.

I though that since it's a "Warning", it should just stop this profile, not the entire group.