Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

v8.9.15 backup job email log

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
spk.ajdin

v8.9.15 backup job email log

Post by spk.ajdin »

Hello all, help needed with email log.
Job type is backup, with log sent to email.

However, the email log received always contains three pages:
1st page is Main Page with job settings information
2nd page is Copied, deleted, renamed, and changed page listing the new files that were copied to destination
3rd page is Skipped page, and this page lists all the files already present in destination location.

Consequently this third page (and email size) just keeps on growing with every iteration of backup job.

Is there any way this third page can be excluded from email log?
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: v8.9.15 backup job email log

Post by mmullins_98 »

Suggest you do as developer Mickyj has said in answer to another post:

"Hi, modify your profile, switch to Expert mode, go to the Log settings page and change the settings on what to log or not log."

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14595
spk.ajdin

Post by spk.ajdin »

Thank you for suggestion but I am already in Expert mode, and for the life of me I cannot find in Log settings page where to disable this feature of logging
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Post by mmullins_98 »

Try:

Modify profile, Expert Mode, Log, "Do not log skipped files or folders".

Do not log skipped files or folders: If ticked then skipped files are not recorded in the log. A skipped file is one which has been skipped due to the settings on the Decisions - Files settings page or set to skipped via the Differences window. Note that skipped files will also be recorded in the ignored section of the log file if the Log the reason why files/folders on... setting has been enabled.

Log the reason why files/folders on destination/right are ignored/skipped: In some cases you may want to know why a file or folder was not copied from the destination/right, for example. If this option is enabled then the log file will state the reason. Note that this is the reason why SyncBack did not wish to copy, move, or delete the file/folder. The file/folder may still have been copied if you told SyncBack to do so in the Differences window. This option is enabled by default.
spk.ajdin

Post by spk.ajdin »

*Do not log skipped files or folders

Thank you very much, I guess I'm obviously blind.