Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Encryption - Question about implementation and about restoring it

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
YeahGuy

Encryption - Question about implementation and about restoring it

Post by YeahGuy »

Hi all,

currently I use SyncBackSE 7.x but I plan to switch to Pro-version 10.x because I want to create encrypted remote cloud backups of my files.

Therefore I have a few questions in advance:
1. How exactly is the protocol of already synced files kept for Fast Backup - because the remote backups are encrypted and on cloud, I suspect that Syncback will keep a log of what has been synced and when a specific file on my local machine changes...?

2. Let's assume my HDD crashes completely and I'm left with the online backup and my encryption key - how to download and restore the full backup without the need to download and decrypt the files manually? Is there a job to restore the full backup to my local drive even maintaining file attributes etc?

3. How is the encryption algorithm exactly implemented, i.e. is it a specific open source library or similarly? When it comes to encryption I tend to slightly get a bit doubtful in case it's complete closed source - so for sake of trustworthiness I'm asking this :)

Thanks a lot in advance!
YeahGuy

Re: Encryption - Question about implementation and about restoring it

Post by YeahGuy »

Any idea?
I'd like to buy the SW as 10.x Pro Version but would love to see the questions clarified.