Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Google "Quota exceeded"

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
wol

Google "Quota exceeded"

Post by wol »

Hi,

I've just started to receive failed Cloud backup jobs with an error of:
rateLimitExceeded: Quota exceeded for quota metric 'Queries' and limit 'Queries per minute' of service 'drive.googleapis.com' for consumer 'project_number:PROJECT_NUMBER_HERE'.
I've noted the 'queries per minute' part of the message. Is there a way to rate limit the querying from within Syncback? I can see there's a bandwidth limiting option, but not query limits.

Running on Windows 10, with SyncbackPro v8.9.15.0 64-bit.

Thanks
rseiler
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: Google "Quota exceeded"

Post by rseiler »

Same. First question, I think, is whether it's happening for those on later versions, too.

If not, then I start to wonder about this:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14729

If yes, then I start to wonder about this, even though I assume we're both well below that threshold:
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2023/03 ... some-users
rseiler
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by rseiler »

Other possibility: It was just a glitch, because it seems to be working again, at least for now.
wol

Post by wol »

rseiler wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:09 am
Other possibility: It was just a glitch, because it seems to be working again, at least for now.
Sadly mine is failing every other day....
rseiler
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by rseiler »

Yes, now that it's a new day I'm seeing that pattern, too. We need a little more information then to know what's happening.
rseiler
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by rseiler »

On the theory that this is the culprit, let's see what happens in the coming days:
https://twitter.com/googledrive/status/ ... 9251776515
rseiler
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by rseiler »

Extraordinarily, that apparently wasn't it, since two days in a row still isn't possible.
wol

Post by wol »

Strange because it worked for me last night....
rseiler
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by rseiler »

Right, but what about the day before that?
rseiler
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by rseiler »

Meaning, are you saying that you've had two in a row that were successful? Because I'm still seeing the alternating pass/fail pattern when conducted every 24 hours, the very same pattern that you first pointed out. It's happened enough now that it's not happenstance, and Google reverting whatever they did a few days ago (see tweet above) has had no effect.

If only there were someone besides us who uses the product.
rseiler
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by rseiler »

Just to break into this extremely busy thread with an update, the error cadence is more every than every other day now, but it may not matter, since I noticed that it seems that everything that is meant to happen in terms of uploads etc do seem to happen. In other words, it may be more of a cosmetic error, or perhaps an early warning before it truly goes south.
wol

Post by wol »

Apologies I missed your early question.....

I've stopped receiving the errors totally now...I've changed nothing. Other than maybe a computer restart. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

You may find this useful, if running V10:
https://help.2brightsparks.com/support/ ... 3000700405

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
rseiler
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by rseiler »

Yes, that is is interesting, so it was due to the changes Google made after all, changes that they seemed to publicly backtrack on weeks ago but maybe didn't fully? It always did seem to be too much of a coincidence that this started happening at just about the same time as that.

Is it a daily quota?

Also as mused about above, what is the reason that everything does seem to be synced despite the warning/error?
XgamesMFZB

Post by XgamesMFZB »

Hello,

I followed the steps in the blog post and got a secret key, but stuck on UNAUTHORIZED_CLIENT.

Google Cloud forces me to input a domain, and since I don't own 2brightsparks domain either, I can't pick this one, this will never pass Google's verification...

What should I do?
Attachments
Screenshot_20230619-074003_Opera.jpg
Screenshot_20230619-074003_Opera.jpg (477.95 KiB) Viewed 10155 times