Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

SyncBack Pro gets very slow

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
AlanT

SyncBack Pro gets very slow

Post by AlanT »

Hi

I am using latest version of synback pro to copy 230GB+ of files including a lot of photos around 20M each in size from one external HDD to another external HDD both on USB 3.0. I am using straight file copy with no zipping and its a straight copy to a new folder on the the destination. Its on a new Dell XPS tower Core i7 and two new ( < 12 mths old) 6TB and 4TB Seagate HDD, the target HDD having plenty of free space. I used to do this on my old laptop and it would get through it in 2+ hours. But what happens with the new PC is that it starts off fast enough 100MB/s but after varying lengths of time (5-20mins) the write speed drops down to just a few KB/s and crawls along. I have found if i pause the backup, the destination drive stays at 100% activity for 30-60s seconds before it drops to 0% (looking at windows task manager - performance) . If I then resume the backup, it will go OK for a while before the same slow down happens I tried the same process using a different product ( FastCopy) and it did same copy of 230GB in 33 minutes, and it did 530GB in 1 hr 12 minutes - so the problem is not with my hardware, and i'm hoping there is some settings in syncback i can alter to get better performance - i have tried - removing filters, sub-directory selection, not doing safe copy, and doing multi-threaded without success.
Thanks for any help
Alan
Cagey1

Re: SyncBack Pro gets very slow

Post by Cagey1 »

Having the same problem and wondering if you were able to figure out a solution.
bird.slump

Re: SyncBack Pro gets very slow

Post by bird.slump »

I've got the same issue too. I'm using paid service as well. let me know please. Appreciated.