Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Export settings (NOT profiles) from v8 and import them into v9 or v10?

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
pstein
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Export settings (NOT profiles) from v8 and import them into v9 or v10?

Post by pstein »

I am still working with SyncBack v8 but consider to migrate to v9 or v10.

The most important reason is that I have adjusted a lot of settings in v8 and I don't want to manually adjust them in v9 or v10 again.
I am not talking about profiles but general, overall SyncBack settings.

So I would like to ask how I can export the general (profile independent) settings into a file and import them into v9 or v10?

No, I don't want to install the newer version on top of the existing v8.
Instead I want to install it separately so that I can revert to the old v8 if I don't like the new v9 or v10. Or they cause problems.

So I want a dedicated export and import (or file copy) for the general settings.

How can this be achieved?

Thank you