Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

control the copy speed

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Lampoert

control the copy speed

Post by Lampoert »

How can I control the copy speed while syncing daily work to prevent consuming the bandwidth and to give our employees the to work without any problems with the bandwidth? This option is available in tools like Goodsync, Gs Richcopy 360, and Duplicati and I will be happy if it is here too.
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: control the copy speed

Post by mmullins_98 »

Check these settings:
"Go to the Copy/Delete > Network page and set the Limit the bandwidth usage to value (at the bottom on the page). What this does is specify how much of the network (in kilobytes) to use every second. By default a file is copied at maximum speed. Try setting it to 1000 (or lower or higher depending on how much CPU time you want to use and how long you want the file copy to take). For technical reasons, this setting is not available (and will be disabled/ignored) if using Compression*. It does not affect scan speed (only copy speed), but does also affect internal/local disk throughput when copying. However, it is not relevant for FTP or Cloud** protocols, which have their own dedicated settings at FTP > Advanced section and Cloud > Advanced page respectively."
Lampoert

Post by Lampoert »

Thanks mmullins_98
jamssyyy

Post by jamssyyy »

Lampoert wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:15 am
How can I control the copy speed while syncing daily work to prevent consuming the bandwidth and to give our employees the to work without any problems with the bandwidth? This option is available in tools like Goodsync, Gs Richcopy 360, and Duplicati and I will be happy if it is here too.
Absolutely! Controlling copy speed during syncing to prevent bandwidth issues and ensure smooth workflows is crucial. While I don't have access to specific features in this context, there are tools available that offer bandwidth throttling options. By utilizing such tools, you can set limits on copy speed, allowing employees to work seamlessly without compromising the network. Prioritizing network stability and efficient resource allocation is key to ensuring a productive work environment!
Lampoert

Post by Lampoert »

Lampoert wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:15 am
This option is available in tools like Goodsync, Gs Richcopy 360, and Duplicati and I will be happy if it is here too.
Hi jamssyyy
You are right, we can use additional tools to limit/control the speed but why this?? it will be better and more efficient if this option is built into the copy/sync tool! and this option is already available in the mentioned tools. mmullins_98 also makes it very clear in his comment