Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

File collision or copy to.. when nothing changed (OneDrive)

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
amir77a

File collision or copy to.. when nothing changed (OneDrive)

Post by amir77a »

I'm syncing a certain folder between my local machine and OneDrive.

The files in that folder are all PDF files that I didn't changed (for sure) for at least several weeks.
pic1.png
pic1.png (83.5 KiB) Viewed 6838 times
All visible changed (for today's date were made by SyncbackPro.

I was trying to allow copying to both local and OneDrive, but the copy request repeats again and again.

Believe me there is no difference between the file on both size whatsoever.
The correct (and real filesize) is the local size.

I am having sometimes a similar problem with time difference of 3 hours between local and OneDrive (in which nothing really changes).
Conrad Chung
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: File collision or copy to.. when nothing changed (OneDrive)

Post by Conrad Chung »

OneDrive does not allow the last modification date & time of an uploaded file to be changed. Instead, the timestamps are always set to the time of the upload. This means any files uploaded to OneDrive will never match the Last Modified date/time stamps of the local file, which may cause looping overwrites over and over again.

In SyncBackPro, we get around this by keeping a local database which store details that cannot be stored on the cloud service, such as the Last Mod attribute. This helps to overcome the looping issue.

However, if you want to sync between 2 local machines and a OneDrive cloud, you would need to upload this local database to the cloud so that both PCs will have a "common" database in which they can compare against.

Enable the option "Upload the database to the cloud" under Cloud > Advanced settings page. Do read the contextual Help for more info on what this option does. Be sure to enable this option on any Pro machines you are syncing the same set of data in OneDrive.
amir77a

Post by amir77a »

Will try that.

THANKS!
hartlenb
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by hartlenb »

Would uploading the database to the cloud solve a similar problem with dates in Amazon Cloud using mirror (not synchronize)?

Thanks?
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Please note that cloud database is something that is created by SyncBackPro itself, to solve the date/time problems of cloud services like Amazon Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox etc., (which does not allow us to change the last modification date/times of the uploaded files). SyncBackPro creates this database to store the details of the files that cannot be stored on the cloud service - so that it can be used in the next runs to identify the file differences on both sides.

You can either upload the file to the server or store it locally - but this does not help to retain the correct last modification date/time on the cloud server.

Thank you.
hartlenb
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by hartlenb »

hartlenb wrote:Would uploading the database to the cloud solve a similar problem with dates in Amazon Cloud using mirror (not synchronize)?
Thanks?
FYI - I tried it and it worked and solved the problem.