Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Feature request for bandwidth control

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
keithl
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Feature request for bandwidth control

Post by keithl »

I love this product. Syncback Pro product has enabled me to get ride of several other products that were backing up my various data to different cloud providers./ The only thing I wish it had was the ability to adjust the cloud bandwidth and have it take effect on the running job. It seems when I make changes to the bandwidth setting I have to stop the job and run it again to have the change implemented. Aldo with multiple backup jobs running I would like to have a second setting that would say have a global bandwidth number then each profile would have a percentage of bandwidth setting. When multiple profiles are running they would each get the designated percentage of the global bandwidth number, but and if only 1 profile were running then it would get 100% of the global number. Maybe every 60 seconds it can evaluate the conditions and adjust for multiple profiles as needed.
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Feature request for bandwidth control

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion. I will pass this on to our Development team for their review and consideration. As our To-do-list is a long list, we can’t guarantee when these features will be implemented. I will keep you posted once we have further information.

Thank you.
lagvoid

Post by lagvoid »

I would like to second this request. Syncback has been the best program to accomplish my backup goals after testing MANY. However, this is the one feature it is lacking. I have to pause the backup because it will basically hog the entire bandwidth for my computer. I have tried using 3rd party bandwidth limiters and controls, but they don't work since the actual upload is being treated as a Windows process and not through Syncback.

Thank you for your great software!
Impossible

Post by Impossible »

This feature would be of great benefit to my configuration.
pdwalker

Post by pdwalker »

For what it is worth, another vote for the rate limiting feature so I can prevent a backup job from hogging all the network bandwidth.
spalan

Post by spalan »

I agree, this would be helpful. =D>