Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Syncronized Backup w/ SFTP Problem

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Jukari2003

Syncronized Backup w/ SFTP Problem

Post by Jukari2003 »

Hello,

I've been using SyncBack for years without any problem... however today I went to Sync my data with my Synology NAS and I got the attached errors with all 12465 files in that profile:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (51.07 KiB) Viewed 4919 times
First it looked like a permissions issue, so I checked the permissions of the account and it has full access over the directory structure. Then I tested the permissions in both Windows Explorer and FileZilla with no problems, I can create both folders and files using Explorer and FileZilla using the same FTP account. But, SyncBack doesn't seem to work for some reason using the exact same credentials. Not to mention most of the files it says "need to be copied, are actually already on my NAS". When I test the connection SyncBack can connect successfully.

- I tried creating an new profile and it's doing the exact same thing under a different profile.
- I'm using the latest and greatest version of SyncBack Pro 7.6.4.0 (Registered & Paid for)

The FTP account works fine with all my other SFTP Sync Profiles in my Profile groups I have set for other directories, but not that specific directory structure.

Any ideas?
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Syncronized Backup w/ SFTP Problem

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

I would suggest submitting a support ticket for your failing profile by using the Contact Support in the below link in this article and attach the zip file.
http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... ation-file

If your Zip is over 30MB, contact us for alternate instructions, advising the actual size. Do not try to attach to the ticket!

Do not post (nor links to) Support Zips on this open forum.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
Scott Leff

Post by Scott Leff »

I'm having a similar problem and I'm wondering if you ever got this resolved.

I'm able to connect to the remote SFTP server using FileZilla as well as Free File Sync. I'm transferring files with no problems. SB Pro was working for me up until 2 days ago, and suddenly stopped connecting.
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Swapna »

Scott Leff wrote:I'm having a similar problem and I'm wondering if you ever got this resolved.

I'm able to connect to the remote SFTP server using FileZilla as well as Free File Sync. I'm transferring files with no problems. SB Pro was working for me up until 2 days ago, and suddenly stopped connecting.
Hi,

Please submit a support ticket by using the Contact Support in the below link in this article and attach the zip file.

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... ation-file

If your Zip is over 30MB, contact us for alternate instructions, advising the actual size. Do not try to attach to the ticket!

Do not post (nor links to) Support Zips on this open forum.

Thank you.