Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Unclear job-settings

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
tramp20
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Unclear job-settings

Post by tramp20 »

Hi,
I am copying (backup) from my SDCard to my NAS.
sbt_3.jpg
sbt_3.jpg (229.12 KiB) Viewed 6949 times
The first two settings are irritating me (destination to SBT is no backup)

A "normal" backup job (without SBT) looks correct:

sbt_4.jpg
sbt_4.jpg (246.61 KiB) Viewed 6949 times
I am asking because the SBT job does not copy empty directories and I find not the correct setting.
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Unclear job-settings

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

This is by design and it's explained in our KB article at http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... e-reversed

As this is related to SyncBackPro (and to SyncBackSE and SyncBackFree as well) and not to SyncBack Touch, I will move this thread to the correct sub-forum.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger »

Hi, it may help if you edit the label (alias, whatever) that currently says 'Destination' in your Touch profile to read 'NAS' (etc). Just go to the Simple settings page, click the button displaying the term 'Destination', and edit it. It won't alter the direction of data-flow but the new label you chose will be used in most settings and the Description, etc. In the Pro version you can also install a script that displays these labels (either as-edited, or default if not) in the main UI
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger »

tramp20 wrote:I am asking because the SBT job does not copy empty directories and I find not the correct setting
I just noticed this part, but I'm not able to replicate it. The settings that govern the 'from phone to NAS' decision about empty folders (or, folders from which nothing is copied) are on

Decisions - Files -> Folders -> 2nd section (bearing in mind the Source/Dest switch-around in these circumstances).

Leaving the choice as Automatic (the default) works for me. If I change it to top option of 2nd-section, i.e. 'Copy To [Destination or alias]', it also works. Check to make sure you haven't set it to Do Nothing (or Delete from [Touch] ) ?

The only other thing I can think of is that you may have a legacy* option to delete empty folders (on a separate search pass) configured (so that they are being copied, but are then being deleted by another function). Check the settings on

Modify -> Copy/Delete -> Folders -> 'Delete all the empty....[side]' x 2

and if either of these are set, turn them off.

If it still doesn't work, it may be your phone OS is not listing empty folders. Do the empty folders show up in the Differences window (mine do) ? Check to see if you can set your Touch path (Source box)to the parent folder immediately 'above' an empty folder. Can you see the empty folder OK in the browse dialog? If not, it's probably not being listed by the phone's virtual file system.

* these legacy options were once the only means of deleting unwanted empty folders; they are now deprecated, but still available to avoid breaking profiles of anyone still using them. 2BS recommend the options on Decisions - Files -> Folders (more flexible / efficient). Note: the 'Delete these remnant files to make it empty' setting on Copy/Delete -> Folders governs both methods.
tramp20
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by tramp20 »

Thanks to all.
As my English is not so good I have to think about it to understand all :-)
tramp20
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by tramp20 »

cliffhanger wrote:
tramp20 wrote:I am asking because the SBT job does not copy empty directories and I find not the correct setting
I just noticed this part, but I'm not able to replicate it. The settings that govern the 'from phone to NAS' decision about empty folders (or, folders from which nothing is copied) are on

Decisions - Files -> Folders -> 2nd section (bearing in mind the Source/Dest switch-around in these circumstances).
Hi,
I tried and tried without success.
As you can see in the first screenshot the empty directories should be created:
sbt_empty1.jpg
sbt_empty1.jpg (488.34 KiB) Viewed 6856 times
But the result on the next screen is: they don't exist:
sbt_empty2.jpg
sbt_empty2.jpg (444.61 KiB) Viewed 6856 times
(Drive R: is the smartphone, M: is the NAS)
tramp20
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by tramp20 »

Forget my last post, I had to wait until the complete job has finished and then the empty directories appear finally :-)

Thanks for your help.