Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Onedrive mirror takes a long time to scan onedrive server

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
npppnnpp

Onedrive mirror takes a long time to scan onedrive server

Post by npppnnpp »

I already have all the files I want to backup in onedrive.

I have created a syncback pro profile to mirror everything to onedrive directly (this will be better than my current method). It's currenly doing a trial run and it's taking forever to scan the onedrive server (I have 152gb of files on there).

I have a syncback pro dropbox profile that does exactly what I'm trying to do with onedrive and it doesn't take long to scan the dropbox server.

Is this scan going so slowly because syncback pro is checking the onedrive server for the first time. Will it be quicker in future?
npppnnpp

Re: Onedrive mirror takes a long time to scan onedrive server

Post by npppnnpp »

The simulated run completed so I've run the profile for real. It seems to be taking even longer this time. Currently been scanning onedrive server for 1 hour and 20 minutes :(
npppnnpp

Post by npppnnpp »

Ok - I've been using syncback pro for a long time now and never seen anything like this and I've used it to backup to dropbox and ftp so I've seen it transferring to the cloud before.

It's copying 2gb over to onedrive. I'm on fibre optic here with a high upload speed.

The progress bar is crawling, and it should be going quick. Currently it says that this 2gb will take 2 days to copy :D

I'm not seeing any message about "cloud drive throttling" so does anyone know what's going on?
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

You question has been answered via parallel support ticket.

Thank you