Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Restore on WSE 2012 R2 Server, New Machine?

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Cain
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Restore on WSE 2012 R2 Server, New Machine?

Post by Cain »

I apologize if this question has been answered before, I was unable to find the answer.

I have a Windows Server Essentials 2012 R2 (WSE 2012 R2) server for my business. Every night I back up the server to two off-site NASsu using SB Pro 7.x. I do a mirror style back-up.

My server dropped complexly dead Wednesday, so I'm having a new box sent to me, and will be rebuilding that a new box. I save a week of SB Pro profiles, if that will help me any.

I'd love to do a Restore from the NAS to my server, and have SBPro restore all my files and all my folders (onto the new server).

I've noticed before in WSE 2012 R2 that if folders are not created using the WSE Dashboard, that they cannot be seen properly and do not function properly. It appears as if the folders must be created using the Dashboard.

Would it be possible to do a "restore" when restoring mirrored files to a new machine, where almost none of the backed up folders (from the old machine) are present on the new machine???

Thank you for any help.
Cain
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Re: Restore on WSE 2012 R2 Server, New Machine?

Post by Cain »

I've been experimenting with a WSE server on a Virtual Box. It looks like I can manually create the server folders with the WSE Dashboard, then Syncback will restore files to those folders.

I'm still confirming this tho.