Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Full daily backup

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
simonbr
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Full daily backup

Post by simonbr »

Hello,

I was wondering what settings to use if I want to preform following;

Full daily backup without comparing
only keep the last 10 backups
simonbr
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Re: Full daily backup

Post by simonbr »

Anyone pleas help!
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Full daily backup

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Please note that SyncBackPro (by default) scans & compares the Source and Destination files in each run (except for Fast Backup profile – in which case Source against Fast Backup database is scanned) to detect the file differences (i.e. in the Last Modification date/time stamps, size etc.,) and copies only new or changed files from the Source to Destination. Sorry, but we do not support "blind-copying" (without comparing), considering certain aspects on the way the program is implemented and functioning. You can read this forum post to understand why a blind copy method is not implemented in SyncBack:

http://www.2brightsparks.com/bb/viewtop ... 65&p=39466

To create multiple full backups of your data, you have to use variables (such as %DATE%, %DAYOFWEEK%, %DAYOFWEEKNAME% etc.,) in your destination path. But, we do not have a variable in SyncBack to keep 10 Full backups of your data. However, you can consider adding %DAYOFWEEK% or %DAYOFWEEKNAME% in your Destination path to keep 7 copies of your data on your Destination.

For example: if “D:\MyBackup\” is your Destination path, then you can add %DAYOFWEEKNAME% in your Destination path as "D:\MyBackup\%DAYOFWEEKNAME%\"

When SyncBack is run on Day 1 it will create a new folder under 'D:\MyBackup\' directory, using the first three letters of the day of the week (for example: 'D:\MyBackup\Mon\') and copies files to that folder. And on Day 2 to 'D:\MyBackup\Tue' folder and so on. Then, on the subsequent week on Monday, it will scan the Source against ‘Mon’ folder and copies only new or changed files from Source to Monday Backup i.e. 'D:\MyBackup\Mon\'.

Thank you.