Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Syncing with Amazon Cloud Drive

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
slaymaan

Syncing with Amazon Cloud Drive

Post by slaymaan »

Hi.. I keep trying to create a profile to sync with amazon cloud, and I always get an authorization error after I copy/paste the code. I'm using an evaluation version of SyncBackPro 7.6.8.0... Any ideas?
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (18.94 KiB) Viewed 5630 times
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Syncing with Amazon Cloud Drive

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

I suggest submitting a support ticket for your profile to [email protected]

If you are not using the latest release version (V7.6.8.0 as of now), please download and install it from the link below:

http://www.2brightsparks.com/assets/sof ... _Setup.exe

Do not uninstall and reinstall, or you'll lose your profiles& settings. Just install 'over the top'.

Afterwards follow the steps below to create a support zip. Before sending the support zip, ensure it contains the debug files Debug_NewProfile.txt and Cloud_Debug_NewProfile.txt. We need those 2 files to understand your issue.

Generating & Sending Debug Information

* switch on Output Debug Information (on the Preferences menu)
* set the interface language to English if not set already
* Create a new Profile from the Profile creation Wizard, and follow the onscreen prompts
* When the error occurred, abort the profile creation.
* run the Technical Support Wizard (on the Help menu), making sure that you select (include) all the components.
* For the following profile option, select *Program* from the drop-down-list and then click on create button

This will create a Zip file on your PC's desktop. Check this is named as '2BSSupport.Zip'.

Then send us the Zip file. If it is 30MB or less you can attach it to the email. If your Zip is over 30MB then contact us at the same email address for alternate instructions, advising the actual size. Do not try to attach to the email!

* do not run any profiles or edit/Modify it, nor permit any other person or process to do so, or the debug information will be replaced by information about the new run (or the edit).

Do not post (nor links to) Support Zips on this open forum.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
psm2000

Post by psm2000 »

Hi,
I'm having the same exact issue. Same profile used to work fine on another PC (Win 10 - not retired) but on the Win 7, I'm getting the same exact error as shown by OP. I tried it several times including typing the code, no cigar. Also disabled windows firewall just to be sure, again not working. Would you please kindly post what might be the solution to this issue?

Thanks.
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

psm2000 wrote:Hi,
I'm having the same exact issue. Same profile used to work fine on another PC (Win 10 - not retired) but on the Win 7, I'm getting the same exact error as shown by OP. I tried it several times including typing the code, no cigar. Also disabled windows firewall just to be sure, again not working. Would you please kindly post what might be the solution to this issue?

Thanks.
Hi,

Most likely SyncBackPro is being blocked from accessing the internet due to firewall or other security software restriction.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

Sorry, missed the part you mentioned about firewall. Do you get any errors if you check for updates via SyncBackPro's Help menu (Help -> Update Check)? If that doesn't work either then something is blocking SyncBackPro.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
psm2000

Post by psm2000 »

Thank you for your reply. You're right. It seems that most 32-bit apps such as my Syncback, my VPN, Adobe etc. are not able to connect to internet. Though 32-bit browsers work fine. 64-bit apps such as Dropbox or Evernote connect to internet without any issues. I've tried all possible solutions I found on Google such as clearing winsock stack etc. but it has not worked.

Thank you.
PS: Though my issue is no longer related to Syncback, if you've any ideas on what I can try, I'll appreciate that.