Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Execute Programs Before/After as admin

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
[email protected]

Execute Programs Before/After as admin

Post by [email protected] »

Hi,
I'd like to execute a program before and after backup but "as administrator" : how can i do that? An idea?
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Re: Execute Programs Before/After as admin

Post by cliffhanger »

Hi, see the first Similar Topic listed below (at least, it is at the moment...have a link in case it changes)? Assuming you are running Pro with admin rights ('elevated'), so will any process it calls via Programs - Before/After be. I'm not aware of any way of switching that off (unless you use the manifest trick mentioned here to lower Pro's own privileges), nor am I aware of any method of 'asking louder'.

Of course, if you're not running Pro using an admin account in the first place, whatever you configure Pro to call can't inherit privileges the account you are using doesn't have...but that Similar Topic may give you food for thought if ..\system32\... is involved.

BTW/for future ref, it might have been useful to mention what your Windows version is ;) but it's probably not relevant now.
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger »

(NOTE: any Similar Topics will only be visible if you are logged in - but the j.i.c.link works either way)
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

thank you