Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

bulk importing lists of file extensions into profile filters

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
walkermacy

bulk importing lists of file extensions into profile filters

Post by walkermacy »

Is there any way to bulk import a long list of file extensions into the filters for a profile? I am doing both whitelisting and blacklisting of specific extensions to try and minimize the impact of a potential ransomware infection and the only way I can find to add file extensions to the filters is one...at...a...time...and I have a very long list of extensions to add.
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: bulk importing lists of file extensions into profile filters

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Sorry, there is no option to import multiple filters into 'Change Filter' settings page. However, I will pass your request to relevant department for their review and consideration. I will keep you posted once I have further information.

Thank you.
mickyj
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by mickyj »

Hi, there is no import, but you can add multiple at one go. As it says in the help file:
You can enter multiple filters at the same time by using the forward slash (/) to separate them, e.g. item1/item2/item3
walkermacy

Post by walkermacy »

mickyj wrote:Hi, there is no import, but you can add multiple at one go. As it says in the help file:
Thanks! I missed that in the help. That will be good enough for my needs. I have the list typed out already, so I can just modify it to include the slashes and then copy paste.
walkermacy

Post by walkermacy »

Swapna wrote:Hi,

Sorry, there is no option to import multiple filters into 'Change Filter' settings page. However, I will pass your request to relevant department for their review and consideration. I will keep you posted once I have further information.

Thank you.
Thanks! Maybe a CSV file import or something would be useful to anyone else who's trying to do something like this.