Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Synch between two external drives

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Atrebates

Synch between two external drives

Post by Atrebates »

Hi,

I have always previously synched between an internal (desktop) drive, and external USB backups.

The new scenario: using a smaller computer (e.g., Intel NUC) without large internal memory, but an external USB drive for primary storage.
And then using other external USB drives for safety backup/synch.

Question:
Can I use SynchBack to synchronize between the 'primary' external drive, and the 'back up' external USB drives, if they are all 'external'?

Thank you.
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Synch between two external drives

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

SyncBack should have no problem accessing drives, internal or USB for this matter, as long as they are properly identified by the Windows operating system and have been assigned a drive letter.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
Atrebates

Re: Synch between two external drives

Post by Atrebates »

Hi,

Apologies for taking so long to get back.

Good to hear it should work.
I assumed it would be okay, but was a bit uncertain.
Also...back in XP days I remember trying to pass data from one external drive to another 'through' my PC, and it was very slow. No doubt a USB issue.
I'm sure all has improved.

Thank you for the reply.