Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Sync / NAS / Password = no good

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
pickone
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Sync / NAS / Password = no good

Post by pickone »

Hi!

I have a little problem... I have a NAS with samba share (folder is password protected) and I use this SyncBackPro application... allmost everytime when I login to windows, SyncBack will get a network error because he dont keep in memory the user/pass word of network share. How can I force SyncBack to remeber the user/pass of the network share?

Thank you in advance
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Sync / NAS / Password = no good

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

You can provide the username/password in your profile configuration under Expert > Network and then enter the credentials for your Source/Destination (whichever is needed).

You can also try enabling the option "Use the supplied username and password before trying my current username and password" under Expert > Network > Advanced settings page.

I would suggest reading the help file related to these settings. With the Network settings page opened, press F1 to open the contextual help for more details.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
pickone
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by pickone »

I tried but I have more profiles that are running in the same time and if i put that setting for all the profiles, i will get another error because of that
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

What is the error exactly and which version number are you using?

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
pickone
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by pickone »

I am using SyncBackPro V7.6.28.0

And the error is:

The supplied username (admin) adn password failed. The default was used: Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previour connections to the server or shared resource and try again...

The NAS is allowing multiple connections because I already used it too many times, only problem is with SyncBack... :(
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

I'll suggest submitting a support ticket for your profile by using the Contact Support in the below link in this article and attach the zip file.

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... ation-file

If your Zip is over 30MB, contact us for alternate instructions, advising the actual size. Do not try to attach to the ticket!

Do not post (nor links to) Support Zips on this open forum.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
pickone
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by pickone »

Hi!

I think that i solve the problem, i don't know for sure... i must wait a few days to see if the problem will came back (because sometimes is happening when windows forget the password of the shares). If what i done is the solution, i will came with it

Thank you for you answers
pickone
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by pickone »

Everything is fine till now. I putted only the username & password... and I didnt tick nothing on the network options (in the past I was ticking the things from advanced and this was causing me errors)

Thanks!