Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Monthly Backup

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
hoochimagoo

Monthly Backup

Post by hoochimagoo »

Hi, I am a novice with SyncBackPro using a Windows 10 PC and would like to set up a monthly backup each year to an external HDD from my laptop and would like to gain some advice. What I would prefer in order conserve memory is a full backup once each year (January) with incremental backups (of changed/new files) added each month thereafter. I assume all the first scan will place all files in a folder named either 1 or January, with subsequent new or changed files place in the following month folders. Then each year this process is repeated to a new year. So a folder named 2016 will contain the folders: Jan (everything), Feb (incremental changes), etc. Then a new folder 2017 would have the same information for the next year.

For this I assume I create a destination folder 2016 and set the full-backup folder to D:\My Backups\2016\%MONTHNAME%\

Then I go to the Fast Backup tab and enable the option: Perform a fast backup and Delete all the files and folders in the destination before the backup, and set the full-backup folder to D:\My Backups\2016\January\

In the "Force a re-scan when:" box select the %MONTHNAME% item, I select Equals from the drop-down list to the right of the box, and enter 1 into the box to the right of the drop-down list

Is this correct so far? Also in order to repeat this process for 2017 etc. do I just copy this profile and modify it to save in a 2017 destination folder?

Thank you in advance for your guidance.
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Monthly Backup

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Please submit a support ticket with your profile configuration by using the Contact Support link in this article:

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... ation-file

Do not post your profile configuration on this open forum.

Thank you.