Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Possbile a new feature? Or exists already and I dont know where to search?

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
pickone
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Possbile a new feature? Or exists already and I dont know where to search?

Post by pickone »

Hi!

I was wondering... can SyncBackPro start the profile when a folder or file exists somewhere on the hard drive? Lets say... something like "IF folder "bla bla" exists on "C:\windows\..." start the profile.

Thanks
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Possbile a new feature? Or exists already and I dont know where to search?

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

You can already do this by using a combination of profile settings and runtime scripting.

First you need to tell SyncBackPro to keep an eye on the source folder for any changes. Edit the profile and then go to Expert > When > Changes and enable "Run this profile when any files or directories are changed on source". This will trigger a profile run if something changes under your source folder (more info on this in the help file).

Next you need a script which will decide during runtime if the profile should be allowed to run or not. A similar script is CorruptCheck.vbs which you can download from http://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/s ... index.html and alter it to suit your needs. Once is done you must import it in SyncBackPro (using Preferences > Script > Install) and then you can use it with your profile by editing the profile, going to Expert > Scripts and enabling your custom script.

Please note that we don't provide bespoke support/assistance to write customized scripts for users. We provide the example scripts provided in the SyncBackPro program folder and on the website. The rest is up to the user. 

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]