Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Copy Folder Modified Date Time

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Zodler
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Copy Folder Modified Date Time

Post by Zodler »

I just bought SyncBackPro V7.

I have been able to copy correctly Creation and Modified dates of files to destination.
However with folders I'm only able to copy the folder creation dates and not the modified date time.

Can you do that? The folders are created for the first times in the destination and they still do not have the correct modified date time.
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Re: Copy Folder Modified Date Time

Post by cliffhanger »

Did you read the contextual Help about how Windows might change this property again?

If you still feel there is something wrong, suggest open a Support Ticket with 2BS (links 'above the door' of the SE & Pro forum sections, or on the Contact menu of the home page of main 2BS site). I imagine they may need some debug info from you.
Zodler
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by Zodler »

Thanks, yes I have read that and tried all the options.

So, please clear this for me. Are you saying that each time SyncBackPro correctly copies the modified folder time and windows immediately changes it to the current time?

I have been unable to get a modified folder time to be copied even for once. Not even one time. Does SyncBackPro copies the folder modified time at all?
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger »

Yes, but I think you need a couple more settings to action the replication (once you have told SB not to ignore differences in folder LastMod in the first place), thus

Modify -> Expert -> Decisions-Files -> Folders -> 3rd section -> 'Rename....and copy properties to Destination'

(the 'rename' aspect will only happen if there are case differences)

Modify -> Expert -> Copy/Delete -> Folders -> 'Copy subdirectory attributes...'

(you may have this set already if you prefer folders' Created stamps replicated)

Sorry, I don't use this routinely, so not instantly familiar with the required permutation. And yes, it's possible Windows (or, any firmware that controls the Destination's file-system housekeeping if you are backing up to a NAS, for example) may potentially/eventually change a folder's LastMod stamp to reflect any changes to that folder's contents (as per the Help caveat). AFAIK, running the profile again may well reset the stamps again, but 'for how long?' is another question.

If you still have issues, you'd be best to raise a support ticket with 2BS
Zodler
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by Zodler »

The destination is a simple USB3 drive. I will try your settings.
Zodler
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by Zodler »

Thank you, now it kind of works!

The only thing I had not setup was
Modify -> Expert -> Decisions-Files -> Folders -> 3rd section -> 'Rename....and copy properties to Destination'

I did that and when I run the profile, if the folder doesn't exist, it creates the folder with the wrong current date. Now if I immediately run the profile a second time, it changes the folder modify date to the correct source date.

So, for it to work I have to run the same profile 2 times.

What to do for it to work on the first run when the folder does not exist?