Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Ridiculously long 'Estimated' time to complete mirror...

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
ckilmer75

Ridiculously long 'Estimated' time to complete mirror...

Post by ckilmer75 »

Okay, this is an "On Site" mirror from a production server to the standby server. Both servers are identical hardware.

PowerEdge R530
2* Intel Xeon E5 2620 @ 2.10GHz
16GB RAM
4* 1Gbps NIC's in a LACP team.

Server storage is via 8* 1TB 6Gbps SATA drives in a RAID 5 array.

Both servers are in the same rack together and connected via a Dell X1000 series Gigabit switch.

I did the initial file copy from server 1 to server 2 via the builtin XCOPY command and that only took over night to copy 2 Terabytes of info. Last night the first SyncBack Pro Mirror job began at 7pm. I come in this morning and SyncBack is telling me there is an estimated 249 days to complete the Mirror operation??? Is this typical for SyncBack Pro for an On Site Mirror of 2TB of info? I'd hate to see the estimated time to Mirror to our Offsite backup.

Any ideas why the Mirror is so ridiculously slow?
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Ridiculously long 'Estimated' time to complete mirror...

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Xcopy simply copies files from Source to Destination. But SyncBackPro in each run has to scan the Source and Destination locations to detect the file differences (using the last modification date/time stamps, sizes etc.,) and to copy only new or changed files from Source to Destination. Sorry, but we do not support "blind-copying", considering certain aspects on the way the program is implemented and functioning.

Also, you haven’t stated at which phase the profile run is slower - at the scan phase or copy phase? To investigate further on your issue, please submit a support zip and the screen shot of the “Estimated Time Left Indicator” (i.e. progress bar that is displayed in SyncBackPro’s main-interface) using the Contact Support link in this article:

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... ation-file

If your Zip is over 30MB, contact us for alternate instructions. Do not post (nor links to) Support Zips on this open forum.

Thank you.