Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Amazon Drive Very Slow (Video)

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
swits1156

Amazon Drive Very Slow (Video)

Post by swits1156 »

Please see this video where Syncback is compared to other tools and syncback will not upload faster than 500k/s, but the other tool easily goes over 20mb/s.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfedSGYs3rY[/youtube]
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Amazon Drive Very Slow (Video)

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

There is a long debate on Amazon's forum at https://forums.developer.amazon.com/que ... o-acd.html about who is to blame on this. Plenty of topics on our forum as well about the same subject. Application wise, SyncBackPro does what the Amazon Drive API requires, nothing more or less. Amazon assure us our software is whitelisted. However, there is an issue as SyncBackPro does not appear in the developer console. This means we cannot verify this nor (re)configure SyncBackPro. We're still trying to get Amazon to fix this.

Just did a quick test uploading to Amazon Drive and the speed was above 14Mbps (as shown in the screenshot).
screen.png
screen.png (10.77 KiB) Viewed 11470 times
As for the video, after watching it I am suspecting that the he may be confusing the two Amazon's cloud storages. He is testing SyncBackPro uploading to Amazon Drive but Cloudberry is uploading to Amazon S3 which are two totally different storages and are using different APIs. Looking at CloudBerry's website, the Explorer for Amazon S3 Pro Pro doesn't mention support for Amazon Drive so I may be right with my assumption.

Unfortunately comments on the video have been disabled so I can't point this out to him.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
swits1156

Post by swits1156 »

Thanks for your response. It's actually my video, made today. The two softwares are configured identically, the exact same files going to the exact same destination. I've tested at least 2 other tools that don't have a problem with speed. I don't understand how you're able to achieve the speed in your video at all, no matter what I try 500k seems to be the average speed.
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

I've just found out that Cloudberry does indeed support the Amazon Drive storage, sorry about that. 8)

The speed test you saw was done in Singapore, maybe the location and/or routing had a role getting a good speed for us? As I said we are still waiting a reply from Amazon, in fact we've just sent another email to them today. Unfortunately we can't do much about this as it's beyond our control at the moment.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
Tyree
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by Tyree »

I'm uploading to Amazon Drive now with a ~12Mbps upload speed resulting in SyncBack uploading at 1.42MBps at the moment. So, it looks like it's using my full available bandwidth. 12Mbps/8 = 1.5MBps
Kingmob

Post by Kingmob »

I am also getting sub-par speed in syncbackpro to amazon on my server. So I started doing some error checking, maybe this will help shed some light on the problem.

My max upload speed is 30Mbps
I have 4 computers which I have tested.

1. My stationary that is running 8.1
1. A "server" that is running windows 10
3. A laptop that is running Windows 10.
4. My GF's laptop that is running Winows 7.

From my server through SyncBackPro at about 600 Kbps. (Windows 10)
From my stationary I upload through SyncBack at 30Mbps - FULL SPEED (Windows 8.1)
From my Laptop running Windows 10 I upload through SyncBack at 600Kbps. (Windows 10)
From my GF's laptop running Windows 7 I upload through SyncBack at 30Mbps - FULL SPEED (Windows 7)

One might think that Windows 10 is to blame - so I tried other things.

*I get somewhat the same results across the 4 computers with Syncovery (a different synctool) Syncovery was a little faster.
*I get same results when running the Cloudberry explorer.

*The only time I get full speed to Amazon Cloud Drive on my windows 10 computers is when I upload files through the browser. I get the same sub-par speeds in their own desktop upload program.

I anyone running windows 10 and getting their line saturated when uploading to Amazon Cloud Drive?
Tyree
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by Tyree »

I'm running Windows 10 and was getting the full bandwidth 1.4-1.5MBps (11-12Mbps). I WISH I had a 30Mbps upload, but I consistently get 11-12Mbps in speed tests and it would appear uploading to Amazon uses it all.

Wish I could shed more light on why you can't always get full saturation. Let me know if you need me to check any of my settings.
Kingmob

Post by Kingmob »

Thanks for the answer Tyree. I'll keep looking :)
olihar
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by olihar »

I made a post about this here on the forum, it has not been posted for some reason yet, it was posted this morning.

It was more that I have few bytes of speed a second, completely unusable.
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

olihar wrote:I made a post about this here on the forum, it has not been posted for some reason yet, it was posted this morning.

Hi,

All initial posts of newly registered users are being moderated in order to keep out spam etc, so a delay for the post to appear is possible. You can find your post at http://www.2brightsparks.com/bb/viewtop ... 15&t=12503

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
olihar
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by olihar »

Kostas wrote:
olihar wrote:I made a post about this here on the forum, it has not been posted for some reason yet, it was posted this morning.

Hi,

All initial posts of newly registered users are being moderated in order to keep out spam etc, so a delay for the post to appear is possible. You can find your post at http://www.2brightsparks.com/bb/viewtop ... 15&t=12503

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
I see, now it has been posted it is indeed similar problem as this thread only a lot worse. I have called Amazon as well and they say there is no problem on their end.
bacchusm

Post by bacchusm »

Has anybody figure out the problem? I am getting about 500KBps +/-. It has been like that for days now.