Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Sync with Android Phone using WIFI

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
neil154
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Sync with Android Phone using WIFI

Post by neil154 »

Is it possible to sync my Android phone (Marshmallow) while it is connected to my home wifi with my Win 10 PC also connected to the same network by wifi?
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Sync with Android Phone using WIFI

Post by Kostas »

HI,

If you are using SyncBackPro V7 (or SyncBackSE V7) then you can try installing SyncBack Touch on your device and backup/restore files to/from it.

You can learn/read more about SyncBack Touch at http://www.2brightsparks.com/bb/viewtop ... 31&t=12055

SyncBack Touch's Google Play store listing can be found at https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ouch&hl=en

There is also extensive information available in SyncBack's help file.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
neil154
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by neil154 »

Thanks for the help, I have a few additional questions now that I am running SyncBack Touch also.

1) My wife and I each have the exact same Verizon S5 phone and I would like to back up both phones (separate profiles) onto my Win 10 PC. How do I get SyncBack to see each phone (do I change ports on touch, if so what is an alternate setting)?
2) Do I need to have Syncback Touch Icon Android notification bar showing all the time or can I clear it from notification bar?
3) when I pick source (for PC alternatives) it shows the PC path, %CSIDL ..., %Serial=..., and %LABEL=..., which one should I be using
4) when I manually start SyncBack Pro on my PC I always get the pop up which asks if it is okay to run this app because it could make changes to the device. Is there any way to bypass that message on a manual start?
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

1) Each SyncBack Touch can be identified by a name, which is customizable. You can change this in SyncBack Touch under Menu -> Settings by entering your own Device ID (the default is the device's name).

2) At the moment the notification is always being displayed but in the coming release SyncBack Touch will be able to run as a background service and the notification icon will not be visible on the notifications' bar but will still be visible in the notifications' area.

3) As mentioned in the SyncBackPro's Help file, the alternatives button can be used to change the source/left or destination/right paths to something that is more flexible and/or portable. For example, if the destination is a removable drive then you can have it changed so that the serial number of the drive is used (or its label) instead of the drive letter. This means if you connect the drive, and it gets a different drive letter assigned to it by Windows, then the profile will still work as expected. You don't have to use the alternative path If your path is located on a fixed, internal drive with a fixed drive letter.

4) SyncBackPro/SE requires elevetated privileges in order to be able to provide some special functionality (e.g. copy locked/open files). That's the reason why you see Windows requiring your permission to run the application. The subject is being discussed In the following KB article along with some workarounds: http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... permission

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
neil154
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by neil154 »

I am using the syncback Touch version downloaded today for my Android S5 phone. I have significant issues that I need help with.

1) The backup (really I am doing mirror) is terribly slow, it is is taking 6 hours to copy a few GB
2) I then created a much more limited profile (See attached) and it claims to have successfully completed the 60 files profile (see attached) but if I immediately run the same profile again it says that the same 60 files need to be transferred (tried this with mdofications to this profile with the same results. When I had a profile with more files after the profile completed running (6 hours) it shown as aborted but that was not the case it actually completed.
3) If the connection is lost of I just want to start a connection, it will not start if my lock screen is active.
4) how can I run the profile unattended at night if I cannot start the connection because at night my lock screen will be on.

I think I have some other issues but these are the important ones for now and I would appreciate it if you could help resolve the issues.
Attachments
Profile but changed extension so I can upload
Profile but changed extension so I can upload
Syncback Log.png (117.1 KiB) Viewed 5474 times
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

Please export your profile (right-click on the profile, then select Explort Profile) and send it to [email protected] so we can address your issues.

Along with your profile, include also the link to this topic and tell us if you are copying the files to the internal or external SD card of your device.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]