Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Recover deleted DB on OneDrive profile

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
homenet
Experienced
Experienced

Recover deleted DB on OneDrive profile

Post by homenet »

Hello.

I have deleted accidentally the DataBase that keeps track of the details of the files that I backup to my OneDrive account. Since the last time I have run the profile affected only some of the contents have changed, but now when I run the profile, it ask me to reupload all the files (which is about 300GB). Is there any way to solve this situation "the fast way"?

Thanks.
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Recover deleted DB on OneDrive profile

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

If you are absolute sure that the files are indeed identical on source and Onedrive then you can try the following:

When you run your profile and you get to the Differences window simply change the Action for the files you want to "Use the details from Source" before continuing the execution of your profile. You can also multi-select files and then right-click on them to select the same action.

The above action will update the DB without the need of recopying the files.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
homenet
Experienced
Experienced

Post by homenet »

Ok thank you, that was one of the options I have thought of.

But first, I need to look for those folders/files changed since the last time the profile was succesfully executed.
Second, replace them manually (or with an ad hoc SyncBack Pro profile) in OneDrive.
Finally, apply that "Use the details from Source".

Am I right in "the concept"? I know is a bit risky, but I think I have the right tools to do.
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger »

Hi, you can probably do it in a single run of your current profile. Two 'selection' approaches are possible - it depends on the relative numbers which selection method would be more time-efficient for you/r eyeballs...

1) Any files that have truly been modified since the last upload (or are new*) will have a proposed Action of 'Copy to Destination' anyway, and you should leave them like that, and let the Copy happen. Where you need to intervene (before clicking Continue...) is to mass-select (and/or cherry-pick, whatever) those files you believe don't need re-uploading and set them to 'Use Details From Source'. Having done so, you can tell the profile to Continue, and it will perform both sets of Actions, creating d/b entries for all of them, but only actually Copying those you told it to. Or,

2) Mass-select (etc) all files that exist on both sides*, change them all to Use Details From Source, then cherry-pick those (few?) you feel should actually be copied, and change their Action back to Copy again. Then, 'as above'

You may find it helps to sort the contents of the Differences window by [LastModified] Date & Time of the files on Source. There might be an obvious rollover point between the two categories.

* Note: you must leave any files that exist on Source-only out of any mass-selection before trying to change the Action for that mass-selection to 'Use Details From Source' or you will find there is no such option listed in the menus now (because you can't copy properties-only from one file/side to the other if there's only one copy anyway, so SB won't let you tell it to try). Any such files presumably need uploading anyway, so can be left as (or changed back to) the default (Copy) action
homenet
Experienced
Experienced

Post by homenet »

Well, I finally made it.

Cliffhanger, I did a mixture form what you suggested (which was the fastest and securest solution within SyncBack Pro). But also, just for security (redundancy), I have checked with other tools for modified files since the last succesful profile execution.

Now the profile is running so, if there is not further issue, it is finally solved.

Thank you.