Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Save and compress

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
pat4446

Save and compress

Post by pat4446 »

Hi and sorry for my english #-o

I wand save and compress daily a folder in a zip file including the date to keep several instances

Is it possible?

Thanks
Pat
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Save and compress

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

This is possible by enabling single zip compression option and adding a variable %DATE% in your Profile's Destination path.

You can enable single zip compression under:

Modify > Expert > Compression settings page > tick the options "Compress the files on destination/right into a Zip file" and "Put all the files into a single compressed file"

Please read the help file for more details about these options. With Compression settings page opened, press F1 to open the contextual help.

Then add %DATE% variable to your Destination path to backup files to a new zip file each day.

For example: You can set your Destination path as D:\MyBackup\Backup%DATE%.zip. When the profile is run SyncBackPro will create a new zip file with the current date ("D:\MyBackup\Backup4-10-2016.zip") on your Destination and backup files to that zip file.

Please refer to this forum post for more details:

http://www.2brightsparks.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3705

Thank you.
pat4446

Re: Save and compress

Post by pat4446 »

Hi

Thank you very much.

Very clear explanation even for me!

Pat