Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Syncs Taking Massively Longer after v7.6.36.0

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
sbquint
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Syncs Taking Massively Longer after v7.6.36.0

Post by sbquint »

Hi

I'm on Win7 fully updated, and SBPro which I stay updated on too.

I have a group that I run sequentially. It has 10 profiles in it. All but two profiles cover a small file set and take a few seconds. Most profiles are pointing to external file shares.

One profile covers a large file set and takes about 1 minute,
and the other large profile has been taking about 3 minutes.

After upgrading to v7.6.36.0 ...

The small profiles take about the same time, it seems -- just a couple seconds each. But the large profiles are taking about 5 or 10 times as long as they did on the previous version of SBP. What seems to be happening is that SBP pauses every 15 seconds on some file for about a minute. This explains the 5x time increase. If it's some sort of memory thing, and the memory gets dumped after every profile finishes, it would explain why the small profiles don't seem to be affected.

I also see the timer at the bottom-right of SBP going back and forth from (currently) from "28 minutes 10 seconds" to "8 minutes 12 seconds". It seems to be losing the 10's digit every minute, the putting it back every other minute. And 28 minutes is correct. The profile is not even done yet. This whole group used to take 6 minutes.

Before I revert SBPro, or spend hours experimenting, is there any reason for this? Is it going to be fixed? Are you already aware of it? Ever seen it before? What should I do?
sbquint
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Re: Syncs Taking Massively Longer after v7.6.36.0

Post by sbquint »

It finally finished. It took 42 minutes. There were no updates on any of the profiles, so this was all SBP compare time (no file copy time.) Like I said this group used to take around 6 minutes on the previous version of SBP.
sbquint
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by sbquint »

Interesting. I did the latest Windows updates and now Syncback is back to normal, taking around 6 minutes for the whole group.
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

If the issue occur again, please submit a support zip with debug logs for the profile in-question (i.e. for the member profile that is taking longer time to complete) by using the Contact Support links in this article and attach the support zip file for further investigation.

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... ation-file

If your Zip is over 30MB, contact us for alternate instructions, advising the actual size. Do not try to attach to the ticket!

Do not post (nor links to) Support Zips on this open forum.

PS: As you haven't stated the full SyncBackPro product version number you are using, I have edited your posts to display it correctly.

Thank you.
sbquint
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by sbquint »

It started being super-slow again.

I spent way to much time on this already. I just reverted to an earlier VM snapshot that still had SBP 7.6.28.0. It seems to be working again in the normal amount of time. Although now I'll have to figure out what files/apps I just lost in the reverting.