Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Folder Structure only

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
jimjim

Folder Structure only

Post by jimjim »

Anyone point me in the right direction for copy folder structures only (not files within these folders) and also how to copy folder structures and files for example I need to copy the following

\folder
\folder\child
\folder\child\parent
\folder\child\parent\grandparent

Tks
Jim
cowelln
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Re: Folder Structure only

Post by cowelln »

The old way is to use the DOS Xcopy command:

xcopy "C:\source" "D:\destination" /t /e

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

If you want to copy sub-directory structure without files, you can try adding an inclusion filter:

*\

to 'File/Folders To copy list' on the left side of the Modify > Simple > 'Change Filter' settings page. Then click on OK button to close the settings page and confirm any questions you may be asked about excluding any matching files.  

As filters and file/folder de/selections are inter-wired, and if a conflict exists, de/selections override filters. A conflict can be deliberate (in which case you can think of it as an 'override').

Do note that if you add, remove or change any Filters, when you close the Filter dialog, the program will re-scan the file/folder de/selections against all current filters (inclusion and exclusion). Bear in mind that you will be asked again once it's re-scanned whether to include/exclude files/folders that are currently in scope which matches your inclusion filters (which should now be included, or vice versa for exclusion filters). You should generally agree to this, as selections override filters, so if you do not, they will remain un-selected and thus will still not be copied (or vice versa).

Thank you.
jimjim

Post by jimjim »

Thanks

I tried adding *\ as suggested to the filters page, however it does not copy over the folder structure. I have also tried this without *\ and it will only copy the file and not the folder structure. Probably something that i've not configured. Any help would be great

Tks
Jim
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 09.26.37.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 09.26.37.png (80.55 KiB) Viewed 4832 times
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Please submit a support ticket with your profile configuration (right click on the profile > Export Profile) and a screen shot of "Choose sub-directories and files" settings page (showing the file/folder structure on your Source) using the Contact Support links in this article for further investigation.

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... ation-file

Thank you.