Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Can I receive a warning message when syncback copy Zero Files?

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
bess233

Post by bess233 »

As Tiltle,Can I receive a warning message when syncback copy Zero Files?
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Can I receive a warning message when syncback copy Zero Files?

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Could you please clarify what you mean by
Do you want to receive a warning message when ‘no’ files are copied to the Destination (e.g. when Source and Destination are identical, when all the files within the scope are ignored due to your profile configuration etc.,) (OR) when ‘zero size’ files are copied to the Destination?

If possible, please explain your requirement with examples so that we can suggest further on your problem.

Thank you.
bess233

Post by bess233 »

Hello,I want to receive a warning message when ‘no’ files are copied to the Destination,because sometimes SQL Backup Scedule may failed,in this situation we can know SQL backup failed when we receive a warning message when ‘no’ files are copied to the Destination,thanks。
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Sorry, but there is no option in SyncBackPro to display a warning message, when ‘no files’ are copied to the Destination. However, you can configure the profile's 'Email Log' settings page to send a notification to your email account (with the details such as, number of files copied, log files etc.,) when the profile run failed.

You can configure this under:

Modify > Expert > Log > Email log > enable the option "Email the log after the profile has run"

You may have to enter the Sending Server Connection details such Email Service, Server Type, To, From etc., in the Email Log settings page depending on the email service to which you want to send a notification.

To send a notification only when error occurs, you can enable the option "Only send the email if an error occurs" under:

Modify > Expert > Log > Advanced settings page.

Then, you can try adding a variable %COPIEDTOTAL% in the Subject field (e.g. Files copied = %COPIEDTOTAL%) under:

Log > Email Log settings page

to show the total number of files that were copied during that run in the email subject. If ‘no files’ are copied, 0 will be returned.

I would suggest reading the Help file for more details. With Email Log settings page opened, press F1 to open the contextual help for more details.

Thank you.
bess233

Post by bess233 »

OK,thanks for your reply。