Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Delete Source Files After Running Backup Profile

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
UsamaWaheed

Delete Source Files After Running Backup Profile

Post by UsamaWaheed »

Hi,

As the topic mentions, I wish to delete all the files in the source folder after the profile has been successfully executed. FYI, the profile is running in Backup mode. I cannot seem to find this option. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance for your help.
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Re: Delete Source Files After Running Backup Profile

Post by cliffhanger »

There is no option to delete all Source files after the run (if that was what you were hoping), only Move options for files it will act upon by Copying (so, the latter will not affect 'files same each side and which match', because the profile won't act on (or list) such files, it will always ignore them)

Modify profile > Search page (near foot of tree on left) > 'move' > check any hit re 'Decisions-Files'

This search method opens the settings page instead of the Help; press F1 with settings page open for contextual Help

There are three available Move settings: one is an extra 'in addition' checkbox option, the other two are 'either/or' radio buttons.

Note that if any of your settings dictate that a file is copied Dest > Source instead (for example, 'newest wins' & newest is on Dest), the delete-part will apply to the Dest file. As per para-1, if the file states versus your settings determine that a given file won't be copied at all (for example, 'largest wins: skip if same size' - and they are..), it won't be deleted either.

You may also want to look up the Verify options (use same Search method) to try and be sure any copies are accurate before the delete-part of any Move. More details in the contextual Help for the Copy/Delete page (page where Verify settings are).

The above assumes you are running current V7 release.
UsamaWaheed

Re: Delete Source Files After Running Backup Profile

Post by UsamaWaheed »

Thanks.
I found it, "Move the file instead of copying" checkbox. This solves all my problems as every time the folder will be empty since the files are being moved.

The other method I did as a work around was

Create a file called "ANYNAMEHERE.BAT" and include this in the batch file :

del /S "C:\Users\*****\Desktop\[SOURCE FOLDER]\*"

And execute this in the After portion of the profile.

Posted so it can help anyone looking for the same :) :D

Thanks,