Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Later removal of a folder doesn't work

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Mischmaster
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Later removal of a folder doesn't work

Post by Mischmaster »

Hi,

I have some mirror actions to backup my files.
For example I select all folders of a drive in the "select folder and files" section. Then I do the backup. Everything is fine, the folders are on my backup destination drive.
A couple of days later, I decide that I don't want to backup one of these folders. I deselect it under "select folder and files". When >I run the task,
this folder will not be backupped anymore, but the folder on the backup drive will not be deleted either.
So what I want is, that the folder on the backup drive will be deleted when I uncheck a folder in the "select folder and files" section.

I did the configuration "if file is on destination but not on source" seems not to delete this destination folder (because the source folder is still there? But unchecked!).

Is there a possibility to do this.

I got syncback in german, so maybe the task have some different names, sorry.

Thanks,

Michi
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Later removal of a folder doesn't work

Post by Swapna »

Hi,
So what I want is, that the folder on the backup drive will be deleted when I uncheck a folder in the "select folder and files" section.
Sorry, but it’s not possible (because of the way SyncBack is implemented and working).

Note that if a file/folder is deselected from "Choose sub-directories and files" settings page (or by your profile settings) then it will be ignored from both Source and Destination sides and no action (copy, delete, move etc.,) will be performed on such ignored files - this is by the design of our software.

Therefore, if you want SyncBack to delete files on destination that are not existing on source – you have to create a Mirror profile and ensure that all the files that needed to be copied, deleted or moved are within the scope of your backup selection, so that SyncBack can apply the rules set in the Decision-Files settings page and delete the destination only files.

Thank you.
Mischmaster
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by Mischmaster »

Hi,

great. Thanks for the answer.
I will take a look at the mirror backup scheme tonight.

Mabye its a better solution than the synchronize scheme.

Tanks,

Michi
mickyj
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by mickyj »

Hi, there is a change we've made for V8 (currently in beta) that should help:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=12732&p=48408#p48408