Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Fails to backup open files

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
saquiwej

Fails to backup open files

Post by saquiwej »

Hello,

I have been using SyncBackPro for several years without major problems. I like this backup program because it lets me work without worrying about backups. Lately, however, it has started to generate failure messages for no apparent reason. The error description in the log reads like this:

Failed to copy from Source : Cannot copy file (2): The system cannot find the file specified The file may have been deleted between the time it was scanned and the attempt to copy it was made

There are always some open files affected, files that I am working on. The error occurs every time when a scheduled backup has to happen, which is every 20 minutes for this profile. I find it very annoying and I don’t know why this is happening just now, after years of problem-free operation. Maybe there is some hidden feature telling SyncBack how to handle open files that I might have changed by accident.
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Fails to backup open files

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

The error messages

Failed to copy from Source : Cannot copy file (2): The system cannot find the file specified The file may have been deleted between the time it was scanned and the attempt to copy it was made

are (usually) caused by temp/log files which were present during scan time but have since been deleted (or moved) prior to/during copy stage by something else before they could be copied.

You can try enabling the option "If a file cannot be copied because it was deleted before it could be copied then make it a warning and not a failure" under:

Modify > Expert > Log settings page.

Then this message will be recorded as warning (instead of as an error) in the log file.
There are always some open files affected, files that I am working on. The error occurs every time when a scheduled backup has to happen
Are you referring to the above error message? or is it a different error? If so, please submit a support zip by using the Contact Support links in this article for further investigation.

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... ation-file

Do not post (nor links to) Support Zips on this open forum.

Thank you.