Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Posible to limit ftp connection?

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
ozgurerdogan
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Posible to limit ftp connection?

Post by ozgurerdogan »

My ftp backup provider limit my ftp connection to 3 connection only. Is there any way to set such limit when backing up to ftp as I do not see any option for that.
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Posible to limit ftp connection?

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

Syncback uses only one FTP connection when transfering files so there is no option/setting in this regard.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
ozgurerdogan
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ozgurerdogan »

Yes thats why I am asking. When I use ftp, I am getting;
" I can't accept more than 3 connections as the same user. " error.
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

In this case what may have happened is that the connection was broken between SyncBack and the FTP server and therefore SyncBack was not able to properly logout and end the FTP session. In this case the FTP server thinks that the client is still connected and keeps a note of that login until whenever it times it out unilaterally and in the meantime incrementing the number of concurrent connections for your username, and eventualy hitting the limit. Not a lot we can do, sorry (except suggest wait longer before trying again).

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]