Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Files not deleted on versioning selection.

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
ozgurerdogan
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Files not deleted on versioning selection.

Post by ozgurerdogan »

I enabled to delete files on destination in mirror right mode after if it has not been modified for 7 days. I also enabled versioning for max 2 version and for 10 days.

After a file is deleted on left, it is also deleted on right after 7 days, but its versions in $SBV$ folder still exist even after 3 runs or 11 days later. So why versioning setting does not work so does not delete files in version folder?
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Files not deleted on versioning selection.

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

SyncBackPro deletes outdated version files based on their versioned date & time stamps (that it date & time when the version file is created), but not based on the creation or modification date & time of the file. Probably, the versioned date & time stamps of the version files are not older than 10 days, hence they are not deleted from the $SBV$ folder.

You can view the Versioned date, Modified date and Created date of a version file by running the profile in restore mode. When the differences window is displayed, click on the small ‘V’ button next to a file, then a new window appears displaying the list of versioned files available for that file with their Versioned Date, Modified Date and Created Date. You can refer to this KB article for more details:

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... sion-files

Thank you.
ozgurerdogan
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ozgurerdogan »

I was manually editing modification & creating date by a 3rd party app and try to see the results. I was not aware that there was a "version date" info.
Thanks for that.

One more question as per, "Keep a maximum of x versions & Keep versions for a maximum of x day";

I see, "If the value is set to zero then versions are never deleted based on their age."
If I set Keep a maximum of x versions = 3 and Keep versions for a maximum of x day = 0 and If I run task 4 times, it does not delete 1 versioned file right? I mean if I want to delete older versioned files at the end, I have to fill both fields? I thought first option with a value and second with 0, would delete older version of file with x times of task run. Because I read following which I could not test with success;

Keep a maximum of x versions: When the profile is next run it will automatically delete any excessive versions (starting with the oldest version).
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Swapna »

Hi,
If I set Keep a maximum of x versions = 3 and Keep versions for a maximum of x day = 0 and If I run task 4 times, it does not delete 1 versioned file right?
With the above configuration, excess version files are deleted based on the number of version files stored in the $SBV$ folder (but not based on the age of the version files). That means SyncBack deletes an oldest version file, when it creates a 4th version file in the hidden $SBV$ folder.

Also, please note that the number of version files created depends on the number of times the destination file was changed by the action of the profile, but not on the number of times the profile was executed.

Thank you.
ozgurerdogan
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ozgurerdogan »

Thanks a lot. I cleared all my questions.