Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Backups Not Requiring Password

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
MacGyver

Backups Not Requiring Password

Post by MacGyver »

We are looking to roll out SyncBackPro throughout out company. Right now I have a copy of running in Evaluation mode which I understand is fully functional for 30 days. From Expert Mode, I have tried various levels of encryption, and set the password. It confirms the password click, "Apply," but after the backup runs, however, I am able to open the zip file by just double-clicking on the zip. It never asks for a password.

The documentation seems straight forward, so I can't imagine what I'm missing.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and ideas.
MacGyver

Re: Backups Not Requiring Password

Post by MacGyver »

So in case anyone else is experiencing this, it's not explained in the documentation. Apparently SyncBackPro doesn't encrypt the zip file, but only the files in the zip file. That means anyone who gets access to the zip archive can see all the files and folders inside, they just can't open the end file. I suppose that also means that you lose much of the functionality of this program in that you would have to load the program prior to being able to restore. That was one of our biggest selling points.

This is extremely disappointing. I hope the zip archives become password protected in the future.