Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Reduce profile's "Compressing" time

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
JPN

Reduce profile's "Compressing" time

Post by JPN »

Hello

I'm struggling to understand the time it takes to compress a folder (all files into one zip). I've tried multiple folders with different contents, but the compression time does not make sense.

For example, I have a folder with 2599 files, 42 folders andat a size of 1.73GB. It's been compressing for the last 3 hours 38min and it states that it has processed just under a gig.

Is there anything I can check/uncheck to make this faster?

At this point I'm thinking to rather compress the files externally and just try to upload the zip using SyncBackPro instead of using the compression feature.

Thanks,
Jaco