Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Newbie Question - Prompt / Differences

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Godmcgarvey

Newbie Question - Prompt / Differences

Post by Godmcgarvey »

New to SyncBack and so far very impressed.

I'm hoping someone can tell me if what I'm trying to achieve is possible.

In "File Decisions" I have it to copy from Left to Right if file does not exist on Right

If it does exist on Right then it should prompt me.

What I'm hoping to achieve is the "Differences" window will not show if the file does not exist on Right, at the moment the "Differences" does show even though I have not asked to be prompted. It just has the option Copy to Right pre selected.

Is it possible to get it to only show when a prompt is needed not a straight copy?
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Newbie Question - Prompt / Differences

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

You can enable the option “Skip the Differences screen when this profile is run” under:

Modify > Expert > Compare Options settings page

to stop the Difference Window from displaying when a profile is run attended (i.e. right click on the profile > select ‘Run’ from pop-up menu).

However, a File Collision Window will be displayed when SyncBack needs to prompt the user for a decision (so that the user can select the relevant action to perform on that specific file from the File collision window).

Note that for unattended profile runs (e.g. when run from the Windows Task Scheduler or if a profile is run in the background) the Difference Window or File collision window will not be displayed (and the file that requires decision will be skipped).

Thank you.
Godmcgarvey

Re: Newbie Question - Prompt / Differences

Post by Godmcgarvey »

Exactly what I was after

Thank you