Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Incremental Backup

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
noar1912

Incremental Backup

Post by noar1912 »

Hi,

I own synckbackPro and i followed this method to make incremental Backup via FTP (2 jobs, week 1 and week 2)
https://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/ ... backup.htm
keep 7 days worth of backups, and have a full-backup on Mondays and incremental backups on all the other days of the week:

•Create a backup profile and configure your source as appropriate

•Set the Destination to something (the %DAYOFWEEK% is required) like D:\My Backups\%DAYOFWEEK%\

•Go to the Fast Backup tab and enable the options: Perform a fast backup and Delete all the files and folders in the destination before the backup, and set the full-backup folder to D:\My Backups\1\

•In the "Force a re-scan when:" box select the %DAYOFWEEK% item, select Equals from the drop-down list to the right of the box, and enter 1 into the box to the right of the drop-down list (we use 1 because Monday is day 1, Tuesday is day 2, etc).

•You should schedule the profile to run just once every day
But i thought each monday (my full backup) all data was erased before make a new fresh full backup, but i look to be a kind of differential backup.
Is It possible to delete all files in the backup of my week before the full backup ?

BR
Arnaud
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Incremental Backup

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Could you please send a support ticket to [email protected], with those 2 FTP profiles (select the profile from SyncBackPro’s main-interface > right click > Export Profile) for further assistance.

Thank you.