Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

any way to restore old snapshots like in git?

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
jgjp

any way to restore old snapshots like in git?

Post by jgjp »

I'm evaluating SyncBack Pro, so far it seems like great software and has already replace FreeFileSync for me.

What I want to do, if possible, is store snapshots of a directory, like in git, though I don't need to see differences between files like git does.
It seems that the versioning functionality does this, but the restore function is confusing to me.
Instead of overwriting all source files with the destination (deleting files that aren't on destination) I would like to be able to overwrite source with a snapshot from maybe 3-4 backups ago.
I see that the rollback feature is doing something like this, but I don't know how to figure out the date/time of the snapshot I want to restore, logs only seem to be shown for the last 5 operations, including aborted ones.
If possible I would like to see a list of backups that I took with the versioning function and restore the one that I want, is this possible?

The similar git function would be checkout of an old commit.

Cheers,
J
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: any way to restore old snapshots like in git?

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Yes, it’s possible to view the list of version files available for a file (with their Versioned Date, Modified Date and Created Date) and restore the version file you want from the Differences Window. Please read this KB article for more details on how to do this:

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... sion-files

Thank you.
jgjp

Post by jgjp »

What I want to do is do that but for a whole directory, not individual files, I guess it's not possible?
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Sorry, but it's not possible for directories (only for files with versions).

Thank you.