Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Include New Files not working?

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
ncnmra

Include New Files not working?

Post by ncnmra »

I have a profile which I want to backup a few directories to our FTP server. One of the directories has files which will be added to daily. I assumed that I could simply check the selection box for the specific directory, and select "Include New Files" and it would backup any newly added files. However I am seeing that this is not the case. A few files were added yesterday, but they did NOT get backed up, and in fact they are NOT checked when I expand the directory. Am I missing something? (please see the attachment).
SyncBack.jpg
SyncBack.jpg (189.81 KiB) Viewed 3732 times
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Include New Files not working?

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

You haven’t stated the version of SyncBackPro you are using? If you are not using the latest version V7.6.50.0, please download and install it from here:

http://www.2brightsparks.com/assets/sof ... _Setup.exe

Do not uninstall and reinstall, or you'll lose your profiles & settings. Just install 'over the top'.

If the issue persists, please submit a support ticket with support zip for investigation. Full instructions to create and submit a support zip are given here:

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... ation-file

If your Zip is over 30MB, contact us for alternate instructions, advising the actual size. Do not try to attach to the ticket!

Do not post (nor links to) Support Zips on this open forum

Thank you.
ncnmra

Post by ncnmra »

Hi Thank you for the reply. I *was* running 7.6.8.0, but have just upgraded to 7.6.50.0 and the issue persists. Any new files are "Seen" by the software in the "Select Files and Folders" screen, but not actually selected for upload.

I will submit a ticket as advised.
SyncBack2.jpg
SyncBack2.jpg (185.08 KiB) Viewed 3689 times
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Your question has been answered via parallel support ticket.

Thank you.
ncnmra

Post by ncnmra »

Yes, thank you, the issue has been resolved.

For the sake of the forum, the issue was that I had neglected that I had previously set a filter for only *.csv files. The solution was simple: remove the filter, and then use the "Choose Sub-directories and files" option to select only the files/folders that I want to include. New files are now automatically added.

I would like to complement 2BrightSparks on the fantastic customer service. The response to the ticket I received was extremely detailed and thorough. Keep up the great work!