Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Have 1 or 2 html log files instead of a few hundred..?

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
sbwul
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Have 1 or 2 html log files instead of a few hundred..?

Post by sbwul »

Actually I have 2 quetions:

1) During a backup SyncBackPro reported an error.
It was not important at that time, so I skipped it.

Later I wanted to check out the error, so I could adjust the profile if needed.
But discovered there were close to 400 html files in the \log folder.
I checked out a dozen, but gave up.
I don't know and probably the next time SB will stumble over the same issue.
That said, as I skipped the error, the profile, in the 'task list' showed 'error' (or 'Failure'?), however, when running it again, there were no errors.

Question:
is there no way to limit the number of html?
e.g. to 1 or 2 and a separate error html, or so?

2)
Probably and AFAIK, because of this error, SyncBackPro did and does not continue, i.e. it is waiting for user input.
Normally, running the backup takes a few hours (external drives aren't really fast), so I start the backup and go away to do something else.
After an hour or so I come back to check if all is still going well and notice the error and SB 'halted', at least that is -my- impression.
Again... and I would like to emphasize this: I am not sure!
It looks that way to me, because the backup still had a lllong way to go (progress bar), whereas it was running for already 1 or 1,5 hour.

Question
IF/IF my assumption is correct (i.e. SB halted), is that by design? Or is there some option that will allow SB to continue and report errors
afterwards only?

Thanks
=
sbwul
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: Have 1 or 2 html log files instead of a few hundred..?

Post by sbwul »

bump
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Have 1 or 2 html log files instead of a few hundred..?

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

We have answered your questions via parallel support ticket.

Thank you.