Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Backup alternating between 2 folders

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
andiherbst

Backup alternating between 2 folders

Post by andiherbst »

Hey,

-) I want to create a backup that rotates between 2 folders A and B. When the backup is run it should recognize that last time e.g. folder A was the destination and now use B. Then A again next time. I wasn't successful when trying to use variables - date or alike did not accomplish this. Is there an easy way I simply didn't see? If not could you give me a hint where to start scripting - just 2-3 lines pseudocode :) I know you will not code it for me but I'll really appreciate some hints on how to be efficient :)

-) Also I have another question: When I create a profile, which uses fastbackup, is there a separate database created per profile? If I create another profile using fastbackup, will it create an additional database for it? I assume it works this way :)

Thx a lot :)!
Best,
Andi
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Backup alternating between 2 folders

Post by Swapna »

Hi,
I want to create a backup that rotates between 2 folders A and B
You can achieve this easily by creating 2 profiles in SyncBackPro. Configure Profile 1 to backup files to folder A, and Profile 2 to folder B. Then schedule these 2 profiles to run on alternative days. For example: Profile 1 to run on Mon, Wed, Friday and Profile 2 on Tue,Thursday and Saturday.

You can create a schedule tasks under:

Modify > When > Edit Schedule settings page

Please read the help file for more details on Schedule settings. With Edit Schedule settings page opened, press F1 to open the contextual help.
When I create a profile, which uses fastbackup, is there a separate database created per profile?
Yes, SyncBackPro creates a separate database for each Fast Backup profile.

Thank you.
andiherbst

Re: Backup alternating between 2 folders

Post by andiherbst »

Thx a lot for clarification! Works perfectly :)
Best,
Andi