Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Versioning of large files

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
nowthensync

Versioning of large files

Post by nowthensync »

I am just trialing Syncback Pro. So far, everything looks great but now I want to try setting up versioning. So, my question is.....If I turn versioning on and backup once per day, what will happen when Syncback Pro backs up a version of large files like Outlook pst files every day. Some members of staff have pst files as large as 4GB. Will it save a 4GB version of the file every day and take up 4GB of space on the backup hard drive every day? OR does it manage to only backup the portion of the pst file that has changed?

Thank you
morice
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Versioning of large files

Post by morice »

Whole files only.

If size is an issue, database files often get a lot smaller when using compression.
But for daily backups speed and low impact are usually more important.

So it takes up a little space .. it's worth it. ;)