Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Google Drive slow scan speeds - idea

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
santiagodraco
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Google Drive slow scan speeds - idea

Post by santiagodraco »

For Google Drive uploads with large file sets it can take a LONG time to scan GV for files to compare against. So a couple of questions/ideas:

1. Is there a recommended method to improve the performance of GV scans? I'm running v8 beta.
2. I would like to see a complete scan do something like:
  • a) create a scan file that has a local cache/list of all GV files with date/time info. This cache would be used, optionally, to calculate which new local files should be uploaded. No validation of existing files would occur but files in the list would not be sent. Of course the risk here is any modifications to the GV files would not be accounted for locally.
    b) the use of the cache would be set globally but overridden at the profile level if desired.
    c) A setting for when a new "full scan" should take place which would replace the local cache could be set as a default global or per profile setting.
For some level of confidence a profile could do a "surface scan" that would scan a partial set of GV content for changes and alert the user of a potential issue.
santiagodraco
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Re: Google Drive slow scan speeds - idea

Post by santiagodraco »

Hmm, looks like this is the Fast Back feature? Not sure if it is but I'll test. I'm assuming this works with Google Drive?

Not sure if my suggestions above are helpful if this is already implemented.