Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Amazon Cloud Drive can not upload.

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
ozgurerdogan
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: Amazon Cloud Drive can not upload.

Post by ozgurerdogan »

Trust me I tried every single backup app support amazon, 2brightsparks is far best of them. You can give GoodSync a try but it is not any better.
homenet
Experienced
Experienced

Post by homenet »

I have been using the software since 2012, I am happy with it. And changing it would be probably a mess, but if it doesn't work as it should, it is even worst, isn't it? :?
The thing is that, in my experience, support could be improved.
ozgurerdogan
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ozgurerdogan »

As long as subject is amazon cloud which I had issue time by time, I would not think it is because of 2BS. There is no software work %100 without any issues with amazon, even their desktop app has issues.
homenet
Experienced
Experienced

Post by homenet »

I understand, but you are doing more support for me than 2BS :wink:
ddrulez

Post by ddrulez »

Same problem for me too. Error 400 all the way. I had this in the past too and duplicated jobs to get around this error but it's now really bad. I have to try it 5 times or more for a single file.

I using the v7 beta mentioned here but it don't help.

Could you please consider a feature for retry a upload multiple times in cause of a 400 error?
It's really annoying I hope it can be fixed....

Thanks.
ozgurerdogan
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ozgurerdogan »

Yes that would be great if SB tries to reupload files files. Wehre do we open feature request :)
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

Hi all,

I understand how furstrating this is for all of you but unfortunately we don't know why ACD behaves like this, throwing errors at random to the users. As others said this is not a problem unique to SyncBackPro and we've tried to improvise in order to mitigate the issue.

Seems recently the problem got worse with ACD totally rejecting the upload compared to the past when it used to throw an error but the file would make it to the storage fine. Whatever solution we choose in order to help with the current situation could probably cause a profile running perpetually if the number of files is too large, so we decided to keep it working as it is now.

We'll keep an eye to the situation and see what else we can do as long as it is aligned with how our application works.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
homenet
Experienced
Experienced

Post by homenet »

Kostas, for what you say this is a known issue with ACD that comes and goes randomly. I have not noticed it before.
Based on your experience, do you think that ACD is a reliable service then? If not, what other do you suggest? There are so many options that is difficult to decide which one to choose. I doubt many times to use a "home" solution as ACD services, or a "professional" like S3.

In my 3-2-1 strategy I use two external HDDs and Blu-Rays (for archival purposes). The cloud storage is an offsite option and also for having more redundancy. If this continues, I might leave ACD and choose another service or, simple, abandon any cloud. What are your thoughts?
ddrulez

Post by ddrulez »

Ok this is really strange. Yesterday I uploaded 80gb at 3am in Germany without any error. Did Amazon sort out the problems or was it luck?
I really hope it's fixed. 70€ a year is so cheap compared to a raid 1 and it's even more secure (fire, lightning etc.)
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

homenet wrote:Kostas, for what you say this is a known issue with ACD that comes and goes randomly. I have not noticed it before.
Based on your experience, do you think that ACD is a reliable service then? If not, what other do you suggest? There are so many options that is difficult to decide which one to choose. I doubt many times to use a "home" solution as ACD services, or a "professional" like S3.

In my 3-2-1 strategy I use two external HDDs and Blu-Rays (for archival purposes). The cloud storage is an offsite option and also for having more redundancy. If this continues, I might leave ACD and choose another service or, simple, abandon any cloud. What are your thoughts?
Hi,

The reason you haven't noticed it before is because the problem wasn't that bad plus we did some extra background work to ensure the file had uploaded fine even if ACD was throwing an error. But now it seems that ACD slams the door on our face, so to speak, totally denying the upload after we are done.

I personally believe that what you pay is what you get. :wink: 2BrightSparks uses Amazon S3 for its internal backups (using SyncBackPro of course) and we've never encountered these sort of problems.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
homenet
Experienced
Experienced

Post by homenet »

Kostas wrote:I personally believe that what you pay is what you get.
Simple and clear, thank you. This weekend the ACD seems to be working as it should, so I hope it continues that way. With Syncback Pro it has been perfect since 2012, and I will most likely upgrade to v8.

S3 is a bit expensive for a home user. I have seen some of its features and, of course, is superior to ACD, but for 3.2TB I would be paying ~75$ a month, while now I pay 70 a year. Features are important, but money is also a relevant asset. :)
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

I've also noticed a reduction in problems while testing yesterday and today so maybe (hopefully) things are getting better :D

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]