Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Unable to uninstall v8 32bit

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
MarkC

Unable to uninstall v8 32bit

Post by MarkC »

Hello

I just purchased the upgrade from SyncbackPro v7 to v8 and downloaded the v8 installer from the link in the order confirmation email.

Having installed v8 from this exe file (installed as an upgrade from v7 to retain my settings and profiles), I assumed it would detect that I'm running a 64-bit OS and install the 64-bit version but it seems this is not the case.

So, I thought I would uninstall v8 32-bit and reinstall the 64-bit version instead - I managed to find the 64-bit installer on your website although I have to say it wasn't that easy to find.

Anyway, my problem now is that I have v8.0.1.0 32-bit version installed but I can't uninstall it - when I go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and select SyncbackPro then Uninstall, the uninstaller asks whether I want to backup my settings first, but regardless of whether I choose Yes or No I get an error message saying there's been an access violation and I enter an endless loop of it asking me whether I want to backup my settings and profiles - the only way out is to kill the Syncback process and Syncback uninstaller process in Task Manager.

A screenshot of the Access Violation message is attached
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (18.65 KiB) Viewed 2980 times
I'm running WIndows 10 Home 64-bit v1703 (OS Build 15063.332).

Can you help please ?

Thanks
Mark
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Re: Unable to uninstall v8 32bit

Post by cliffhanger »

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12902 (posted short while ago) has new bugfix versions

AFAICS, you need to install the tweaked 32-bit Pro V8.0.2.0 'again' (over the top) to get a working uninstaller in place. Make sure this version of Pro is closed after checking it opens OK. Then run the uninstaller (unins000.exe in program folder) to get a clean uninstall.

Then proceed to install 64-bit Pro V8 (also updated to v8.0.2.0, which you should download & install - see topic 12902 as per link supplied).
Simplicissimus

Post by Simplicissimus »

@ cliffhanger

Thank you for this information. I have the same problems like MarkC when ich try to uninstall SyncBackPro V7.6.74.0.
MarkC

Post by MarkC »

cliffhanger wrote:viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12902 (posted short while ago) has new bugfix versions

AFAICS, you need to install the tweaked 32-bit Pro V8.0.2.0 'again' (over the top) to get a working uninstaller in place. Make sure this version of Pro is closed after checking it opens OK. Then run the uninstaller (unins000.exe in program folder) to get a clean uninstall.

Then proceed to install 64-bit Pro V8 (also updated to v8.0.2.0, which you should download & install - see topic 12902 as per link supplied).
That's great - all sorted now - thanks a lot for your help and for taking to the time to point this out.