Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Issue with "%" in filenames

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Engztrom
Experienced
Experienced

Issue with "%" in filenames

Post by Engztrom »

Trying out the new SyncBackPro v8.0.1.0 (x64) version against Microsoft OneDrive Personal cloud storage.
The new API seems to be able to handle the ";" invalid character issue and most other issues I had with V7,
but there are still a problem with the "%" character in filenames.

Since "%" is not listed as an invalid character with OneDrive, and from the log printout below, it looks like it is SyncBackPro
that is substituting "%3F" with "?" before sending the upload request to OneDrive, hence invalidating the filename.
Or is it a Microsoft issue?

Profile Name: D to OneDrive - media (ej filmer, dokumentärer)
Source: D:\Media
Destination: \D\Media
Cloud: Destination is on the cloud.
Compression: Each file on Destination is compressed
Unattended: Yes
Trigger: Manual
---
2017-06-06 03:06:17
\Bilder\Historyteacherz\Iconosquare (Amy Burvall)\Do you think they'll let me wear my surgical cap as a jaunty beret%3F [f3ac32b60a8c11e3b0f022000a9f1369_7].jpg
Error: Failed to copy from Source : invalidRequest: One or more invalid characters are present in the path (/Do you think they'll let me wear my surgical cap as a jaunty beret? [f3ac32b60a8c11e3b0f022000a9f1369_7].jpg.zip).

Not a big problem for me since I only have a few files with "%" in the filename, but if it could be fixed
without having to rename the files it would be great!

Thanks,
/Mikael
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Issue with "%" in filenames

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

I just did a quick test with uploading a file that had plenty of "%" characters in its name using the new API without issues. I am suspecting that your profile may be still using the old API because it was imported from V7?

If you haven't created a new profile that uses the new API or haven't upgraded your V7 profile to use the new API then I would suggest following the steps outlined in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12884#p48886

If you are using the new API and still getting errors then you'll have to generate a Support Zip with debug log for your profile and send it over to us for further investigation.

Submit a support ticket by using the Contact Support in the below link in this article and attach the zip.
http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... ation-file

If your Zip is over 30MB, contact us for alternate instructions, advising the actual size. Do not try to attach to the ticket!

Do not post (nor links to) Support Zips on this open forum.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
Engztrom
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Engztrom »

No, I run the profile with the new API (i.e "Cloud Service=Onedrive (Personal)", not "Cloud Service=OneDrive (Personal) (Legacy)").
(BTW I imported the profile from V7 but had an issue with the conversion, so instead I deleted all files from the cloud storage and started over from scratch, but that's another story...)

But I have now done some more tests, and it looks like it is only the character combination "%3F" in a filename that fails, not for instance
"% " or "%31" (but I have only tried with these, so it's possible there are other combinations that will also fail).

Thank you for your help,
/Mikael
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

Ok, we've spotted the problem and we'll have a look at it.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
Engztrom
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Engztrom »

Thanks,
/Mikael
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

We've released new betas for SyncBackPro V8, so please pick the appropriate installer depending if you are using 32 or 64 bit:
32bit: http://www.2brightsparks.com/assets/sof ... _Setup.exe 
64bit: http://www.2brightsparks.com/assets/sof ... _Setup.exe

After you install it, edit your profile and under Expert -> Cloud -> Advanced clear the option "Automatically translate invalid filenames" and then run the profile.

BTW if you are experiencing conflicts while uploading, try enabling the option "Do not use the delta API (see help file)" under the same settings page and see if that helps.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
Engztrom
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Engztrom »

The filename issue seems to be resolved with the new option "Automatically translate invalid filenames" disabled in the beta version,
but the delta API now thinks all my 48000+ files are different every time the profile is aborted and restarted!

However, if "Do not use the Delta API" is enabled then it copies incrementally again, but only files that
have been copied with the new beta version.
All files that were copied with the old V8.0.1.0 version are still treated as different.

Looks like the beta needs some fine tuning, but as long as I avoid delta API it works good enough for me!

Thanks,
/Mikael